Every time you visit the High Country on a bike trip, you’ll notice freshly built trails, new routes and amenities that weren’t there the last time. The volunteers and council partners do an amazing job of ensuring the best of conditions for guests and locals alike at our seven dedicated mountain bike parks, rail trails and recreational cycling paths. And there are more exciting changes on the way!
The most recent round of successful applicants to ‘Pick my Project’ have just been announced and the great news is that five High Country destinations have been successful.
- Big Hill Mountain Bike Park in Mt Beauty – new rider facilities
- Mystic Mountain Bike Park in Bright – new beginner trail and trail head
- Yackandandah Creek – new multi use/cycling trail
- Mount Beauty and Tawonga – new multi use/cycling path along the West Kiewa River to Pebble Beach
- Mitta Valley – construction of a new mountain bike park (meaning that in the not too distant future there will be eight MTB parks in region!)
Construction on most of these projects will start immediately, meaning there might be more for you to explore on your next trip.