The Carlyle Loop
- Trail type: Road Ride
- Difficulty: Green
- Distance: 18 km
- Elevation (start): 162 m
• Set out from the Rutherglen Wine Experience, and turn right into High Street - cycling up the hill past impressive gold rush era homes.
• Continue through to Barkly Street, turn right at the roundabout, and left into Humphreys Road.
• Cycle approximately six kilometres and turn left at the intersection with Up River Road (a short detour right to Shores Flats picnic area might prove tempting on a hot day!).
• At the end of Up River Road turn left into All Saints Road, being sure to visit the
impressive All Saints Estate.
• Visit Valhalla Wines, where a wood fired pizza may be on offer (check times), before
turning left on to the Rutherglen-Wahgunyah rail trail - and cycle the nine kilometres back into Rutherglen.